Sunday, September 18, 2011

Finally I am here!!

Hello, it seems that this is my first post to my blog. and yes..I want to make this blog kind of a diary while I'm here in Aberdeen, Scotland (hopefully, I will post often here :) - and please excuse me if there's any grammatical error as I am not writing this for exam :P


First of all, let me tell you my journey. It started at 6am flight from KK to KL then 10am I flew to London ..till I arrived here at 3.45pm London time. So I was about 13 hours being in the plane - which is the longest I've experienced so far. Luckily the immigration process in Heathrow was smooth so I did not have much problem..except in the case when I was going to check in for flight to Aberdeen. Strictly, they don't allow you to bring more than 100ml liquid...so... in the bin my newly bought hair gel.. :( - and two items were also confiscated from a fellow MARA sponsored Malaysian student who is going to study her masters degree at Sheffield University.


I used British Midlands for my journey in Aberdeen. It is a three-seater row plane..so its kind of small. The special thing I noticed was, there was only one flight attendant in the plane..He is the announcer, the steward and did everything from arranging for the seats, closing the plane's door, serve food..and that He speaks so fast...I barely understood what he said...(have to get used to it)


At last, I arrived in Aberdeen at 10pm. I hired a taxi and the driver speaks even faster than the attendant in my plane..it cost me 15 pounds for my journey to Hillhead halls of residence where I will stay for the rest of my study in Aberdeen..I was greeted by a warm Freshers week representative at Hillhead..His name is Ryan and He is a third-year Medical student...He's been a great help...

Reaching my room at hector boece, I was very pleased and surprised to see a box full of titbits and coupons for students..and this is very nice indeed considering my journey from Kota Kinabalu to Aberdeen...I got to know my other flatmates, one from Ghana, one from Mauritius and one from India...there are two more coming and wishing forward to meet them soon..Its been a tiring day....at last after working out my internet connection -which is fast!! I slept at 12.30am UK time.

4 comments:

  1. Hai Mr.Oliver,

    Wow.. such a wonderful bless for you :) i'm jealous and happy for you :)

    Congratulation :)

    ps: yay..am i the first one to comment? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huhuhhhu....u know what cuzzy????? i cried when i read this blog.....:( baru terasa macam jauh pula ko tu kan...uwaaa...uwaa...:(
    anyway..wish u all the best..please take care of yourself kama!!!
    will pray for you..and God Bless You...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation and wishing you all the best...

    ReplyDelete